The Plan. This service contract governs the hardware services and technical support provided to Subscriber by Jolt under the JoltProtect (referred to herein as the “Plan”) for the date code printer purchased from Jolt with a Plan subscription also purchased from Jolt (“Covered Equipment”) listed on Subscriber’s proof of coverage document (“Plan Confirmation”). Plan subscriptions may only be purchased for the Eligible Equipment listed in section 1.2 below. Jolt may determine in its sole and absolute discretion which date code printers are eligible to be enrolled in the JoltProtect.
1.2. Eligible Equipment:
Zebra ZD410 Printers (purchased from Jolt after September 11, 2020) with a simultaneous purchase of the JoltProtect subscription.
When Coverage Begins and Ends.
Coverage begins when Subscriber purchases the Plan for Covered Equipment and ends on the date specified in Subscriber’s Plan Confirmation (“Coverage Period”). The term of the agreement is 2 years instead of 3 years. To obtain Subscriber’s Plan Confirmation, Subscriber must register Subscriber’s Covered Equipment serial number and Subscriber’s Plan’s registration number (“Plan Agreement Number”) with Jolt. The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for Subscriber’s Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of Subscriber’s service contract. The hardware service and technical support coverage provided by the Plan is additional to the coverage provided by the manufacturer’s hardware warranty and complimentary technical support.
What is Covered?
3.1 Hardware Service
This Plan only covers Covered Equipment that is returned to Jolt in its entirety;
If during the Coverage Period, Subscriber submit a valid claim by notifying Jolt that (i) a defect in materials and workmanship has arisen in the Covered Equipment, or (ii) accidental or incidental damage has arisen in the Covered Equipment, Jolt will send an advance exchange of the Covered Equipment with a replacement product that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability, and is at least functionally equivalent to the original product. Subscriber will have thirty (30) days from the date that the advanced shipment is processed to return the Covered Equipment to Jolt at Subscriber’s cost. If Subscriber fails to return the Covered Equipment to Jolt within (30) days of the advanced shipment’s processing, Jolt may immediately charge Subscriber’s credit card or ACH account on file for the full retail price of the Covered Equipment. If Jolt exchanges the Covered Equipment, the original product becomes Jolt’s property and the replacement product is Subscriber’s property with coverage for the remaining period of the Plan.
No overnight shipping is available for replacement products, but ground shipping will be used instead. Jolt must receive the malfunctioning hardware before shipping a replacement.
3.2 Covered Equipment
“Covered Equipment” includes the following according to Subscriber’s Plan:
Eligible Equipment Purchased from Jolt associated with the Plan Purchased from Jolt (“Covered Equipment”) listed on Subscriber’s proof of coverage document (“Plan Confirmation”).
3.3 Technical Support
During the Coverage Period, Jolt will provide Subscriber with access to telephone, email, and web-based technical support resources. Technical support may include assistance with installation, launch, configuration, and troubleshooting; interpreting system error messages; and determining when hardware service is required.
What is not Covered?
4.1 Hardware Service. The Plan does not apply to:
- Installation, removal or disposal of the Covered Equipment, or the provision of equipment while the Covered Equipment is being serviced;
- Damage caused by (a) a product that is not the Covered Equipment, (b) accident, abuse, misuse, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external cause, (c) operating the Covered Equipment outside the permitted or intended uses described by Jolt, or (d) service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not a representative of Jolt;
- Covered Equipment with a serial number that has been altered, defaced or removed, or has been modified to alter its functionality or capability;
- Problems that are caused by third-party software or hardware, or by the Subscriber’s internet service provider, computer or other equipment;
- Covered Equipment that has been lost or stolen. This Plan only covers Covered Equipment that is returned to Jolt in its entirety;
- Cosmetic damage to the Covered Equipment that does not affect functionality;
- Consumable parts, such as batteries or protective coatings, designed to diminish over time, unless a failure has occurred due to a defect in materials and workmanship;
- Preventative maintenance on the Covered Equipment;
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to normal aging of the product.
4.2 Technical Support. The Plan does not include:
- Issues that could be resolved by upgrading software to the then-current version;
- Your use of a computer or operating system under which the Covered Equipment is designed to operate;
- Third-party products or their effects on or interactions with the Covered Equipment;
- Data recovery services, data loss, or data breaches;
- Any damage to, or loss of any software or data residing or recorded on the Covered Equipment;
- Any software related issues, including software bugs, conflicts, or compatibility issues;
- Support for internet connectivity or network-related issues.
How to Obtain Service and Support?
Subscriber may obtain hardware services and technical support by contacting Jolt at the telephone number listed in the Plan Confirmation, or by email or web chat. When contacting Jolt via telephone, other charges may apply depending on Subscriber’s location. Telephone numbers, email addresses, and web chat links are listed on Jolt’s website.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Jolt and its employees and agents will under no circumstances be liable to Subscriber for any indirect or consequential damages, including but not limited to costs of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data or the failure to maintain the confidentiality of data, any loss of business, profits, revenue or anticipated savings, resulting from Jolt’s obligations under this Plan. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the limit of Jolt’s liability to Subscriber under this Plan is the amount Subscriber originally paid for the Plan. Nothing in this Plan shall exclude or limit Jolt’s liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, (b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or (c) any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Jolt may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to Subscriber in doing so.
- Jolt is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside its reasonable control.
- Subscriber is not required to perform preventative maintenance on the Covered Equipment to receive service under the Plan.
- This Plan is offered and valid only in the country where the Covered Equipment was purchased. This Plan is not available to residents of countries where it is prohibited by law.
- In the event any section or portion of a section of these terms and conditions is deemed unenforceable, the remaining terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- This Plan shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the country in which the Plan was purchased. This choice of law does not include the conflicts of laws provisions thereof nor the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- No amendment, modification, or waiver of these terms and conditions shall be binding on Jolt unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Jolt.
Subscriber may cancel this Plan at any time for any reason. If Subscriber cancels within thirty (30) days of the Plan’s purchase, or receipt of these Terms and Conditions, whichever occurs later, Subscriber will receive a full refund less the value of any service provided under the Plan. If Subscriber cancels after thirty (30) days, Subscriber will receive a pro-rata refund of the original purchase price, based on the percentage of unexpired Plan coverage, less (a) a cancellation fee as permitted by applicable law or (b) the value of any service provided under the Plan.
Jolt may cancel this Plan if service parts for the Covered Equipment become unavailable, upon thirty (30) days’ prior written notice. If Jolt cancels the Plan, Subscriber will receive a pro-rata refund for the Plan’s unexpired term.
To cancel the Plan, Subscriber must contact Jolt at the telephone number listed in the Plan Confirmation, or by email or web chat. Cancellation notices must include the Plan Agreement Number, a copy of the Plan’s original proof of purchase, and the Covered Equipment’s serial number.
Transfer of Plan
Subject to the restrictions set forth below, Subscriber may make a one-time permanent transfer of all rights under the Plan to another party, provided that: (a) the transfer includes the original Proof of Purchase, the Plan’s Certificate, and all of the Plan’s packaging material, including printed materials and these Terms and Conditions; (b) Subscriber notifies Jolt of the transfer by sending, faxing, or emailing notice of the transfer to Jolt at the applicable contact address listed in the Plan Confirmation; and (c) the party receiving the Plan accepts the Terms and Conditions of the Plan. When notifying Jolt of the transfer of the Plan, Subscriber must provide the Plan Agreement Number, the serial numbers of the Covered Equipment being transferred, and the name, address, telephone number, and email address of the new owner.
Service Options, Plan Coverage, and Consumer Law
Jolt will provide service options, which may include carry-in service or mail-in service, depending on the Covered Equipment’s eligibility for service. Service options may vary according to the country where service is requested and the location of an authorized service provider. Jolt may restrict service to the country where the Covered Equipment was purchased. Service coverage may be subject to certain restrictions.
For consumers who are covered by consumer protection laws or regulations in their country of purchase or, if different, their country of residence, the benefits conferred by this Plan are in addition to all rights and remedies provided under such laws and regulations. This Plan shall not prejudice the rights granted by such consumer protection laws and regulations. Subscriber may be required to furnish proof of purchase details when seeking service under this Plan.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Jolt and its employees and agents will under no circumstances be liable to Subscriber for any indirect or consequential damages, including but not limited to costs of recovering, reprogramming, or reproducing any program or data or the failure to maintain the confidentiality of data, any loss of business, profits, revenue or anticipated savings, resulting from Jolt’s obligations under this Plan. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the limit of Jolt’s liability to Subscriber for any claim under this Planis the original price paid for the Plan. Jolt specifically does not warrant that (i) it will be able to repair or replace Covered Equipment without risk to or loss of programs or data, (ii) that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error-free.
(i) Jolt may subcontract or assign performance of its obligations to third parties but shall not be relieved of its obligations to Subscriber in doing so.
(ii) Jolt is not responsible for any failures or delays in performing under the Plan that are due to events outside Jolt’s reasonable control.
(iii) Subscriber is not required to perform preventative maintenance on the Covered Equipment to receive service under the Plan.
(iv) This Plan is offered and valid only if Subscriber is a resident of the fifty states of the United States of America, the District of Columbia.
(v) In carrying out its obligations, Jolt may, at its discretion and solely for the purposes of monitoring the quality of Jolt’s response, record part or all of the calls between Subscriber and Jolt.
(vi) The terms of the Plan, including the original sales receipt of the Plan and the Plan Confirmation, prevail over any conflicting, additional, or other terms of any purchase order or other document, and constitute Subscriber’s and Jolt’s entire understanding with respect to the Plan.
(vii) Subscriber must purchase and register the Plan when Subscriber purchases a date code printer from Jolt. Jolt is not obligated to renew this Plan. If Jolt does offer a renewal, it will determine the price and terms.
(viii) There is no informal dispute settlement process available under this Plan.
(ix) For Plans sold in the United States, “Jolt” is Jolt Software, Inc., a Delaware Corporation with headquarters at 2901 Ashton Blvd, Lehi, UT 84043.
(x) There is no deductible payment due in respect of a claim made under this Plan.
(xi) The Plan will not be canceled due to pre-existing conditions in the Covered Equipment that are eligible for service under this Plan.
(xii) Subscriber may contact Jolt through any of the following:
(xiii) All shipments to Jolt shall be made through UPS, USPS, FEDEX, or an equivalent carrier. Covered Equipment should be packed in a secure manner.
(xiv) All shipments to Jolt must be shipped to:
2901 Ashton Blvd STE 300,
Lehi, UT 84043